Fixed Battery Light

Today I fixed my battery light. I changed R15 to 39k, and for R14 I had used 33k since I didn’t have anything between 22k and 33k. The threshold voltage is now at most 7.3V so this rubbish wire can make a voltage drop of over 4V and it will still work. And just for testing I’ve put a 470uF cap instead of the 100nF for C5. I left this one inside, it makes a nice delay for the LDR just in case some stray light hits it. Here is the updated schema (more docs).

Now I’m happy with it. Except maybe I add a sleeping mode where it makes just enough light to see the walls, or adding a wire to the bathroom and putting a PIR sensor and an LED there, or … ;)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>