wget -q -O - \
| wc -c
Another big problme is, that the code is written by gardeners or lumberjacks, but not by IT professionals. The bugs in the code make it very unreliable. For example on Aliexpress I get the following message pretty often:
Due to network reasons , adding that fails, re-click the "Add to Wish List". But clicking “add to wishlist” again and again and again just results in the same error message. The only thing that helps is reloading the page.
- makes the webpage loading slower,
- causes more load on the server,
- causes more costs for the bandwith of the server,
- and uses up the megabytes of my connection which I have to pay!
- There are probably a lot more…